A Music Together Class is:
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music is learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Infants, toddlers, preschoolers and "Big Kids™" (children 5-8) participating at their own levels in family-style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child's music environment-regardless of their own musical abilities.
- A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
- 45 minutes of PURE FUN with your child every week plus many idea on parenting musically so that music is a part of your everyday life!
- To learn more about the internationally acclaimed Music Together program, the research and philosophy behind the program behind the program please visit the national website at: http://www.musictogether.com/
- Experience the power of music by clicking
As a family in one of our classes, you and your child will have the opportunity to play musically each week under the guidance of Amie Yaniak, Terra Edgell, Tracy Kramer- RMT, Monica Swanson, Jessica Ellis, or Anna Estabrook - MTBC, our early childhood music specialists. During class, you will sing and move to songs and rhythmic rhymes in a variety of meters and tonalities by participating in activities that include small and large movement, instrument play-alongs and community singing. These fun activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences that are developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers to participate in regardless of their own musical ability!
We hope to see you soon in one of our Classes!
*Remember! Only you, can Give your Child the Gift of Music!*